Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Double Trouble

I am learning different ways of handling two hungry babies at once when I'm on duty solo:
1. Two reclining highchairs
2. Two Boppy pillows in their crib or on the floor
3. Double stroller (reclining side-by-side model)
4. Both propped up on a sofa pillow
5. Feed one baby while the other one screams like someone's sticking a pin in it, focus all of my mental energy on willing the first to finish faster so I can get a bottle into the other one's mouth before one of our heads explode.

It does get a bit tricky when one needs to be moved or have its chin wiped or something, but tonight I did manage to burp Kathryn while James was still sucking away. It helps that she often burps with no more help than a change of position.

On the fun side, James has started smiling a bunch of times in a day. Hard to tell if he's smiling at us or just at random, but it's still wonderful to see and melts my heart every time.

2 comments:

Hooly said...

::::snicker::::

See you Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Important thing to remember with babies -- if they cry for a few minutes, they *will not die*. :)

Handy to remember if you absolutely have to take a break to catch your breath before diving back into fulfilling their every need... I can only imagine with two!